EcoLayers is a web-based software platform for integrated water planning, operations, maintenance, and regulatory compliance. Potential users include water districts, cities, wastewater agencies, regulators, land developers, infrastructure-based companies, consultants, watershed or aquifer coalitions, and data driven NGOs.
EcoLayers is affordable even for small organizations and is easy to use by staff and managers with no IT or GIS expertise. The platform supports a wide range of applications covering all aspects of water: resources, supply, quality, use, wastewater, land, and related ecosystems. Examples include:
- Single-point, permissions-based access to information across departments, the enterprise, or regionally
- Local water resources optimization using a mix of supply, conservation, use, and re-use strategies over multiple scales, e.g., parcel, sub-division, service area, or regional
- Regulatory compliance and reporting for MS4 permits, TMDLs, construction sites, and industrial facilities
- Managing shared resources (watersheds, lakes, aquifers) or permit obligations involving multiple stakeholders
- Integrated maintenance and operations to lower costs and defer capital investments in both areas
- Long term planning, research, and litigation support
- Systematic adoption of urban forests and landscape features as green infrastructure solutions
- Land use/development planning, permitting, and mitigation
- Better engage the public and key constituencies
EcoLayers can be deployed for a single project or department, or deployed regionally for collaborative decision making and reporting between multiple co-permittees or stakeholders.